- Keyword stuffing: This involves overusing keywords on a webpage in an attempt to manipulate search engine rankings. It can result in a poor user experience and may even lead to penalties from search engines.
- Cloaking: This technique involves showing different content to search engines than what is shown to users. This is considered a deceptive practice and is against the guidelines of most search engines.
- Link buying or link schemes: Buying links or participating in link schemes to manipulate search engine rankings is against the guidelines of most search engines. It's important to focus on building natural, high-quality backlinks instead.
- Duplicate content: Having duplicate content on your website can confuse search engines and may result in lower rankings. It's important to ensure that each page on your website has unique and valuable content.
- Hidden text or links: This involves hiding text or links on a webpage in order to manipulate search engine rankings. This is considered a deceptive practice and can result in penalties from search engines.
By avoiding these techniques and focusing on creating high-quality, valuable content for your website visitors, you can improve your search engine rankings in a sustainable and ethical way.